Summer Camps at the Abilene Zoo Will Keep the Kids Happy and Busy
The classes are for Pre-schoolers up to 7th grade and start as early as June 5th.
Classes cover learning about animals (for the little ones), learning how the zoo works, learning about animals that hunt, how animals disguise themselves, native Texas animals, and more.
The classes are week long, usually from 9 am – 3 pm and there are a variety of subjects to choose from in each age group. It sounds like lots of fun but classes are filling fast and some are already closed. Be sure to check the zoo website for expanded classes and after camp care.
Ages 5 to 7th grade all classes are
- 9am – 3 pm
- $140 for members/ $155 for non-members for each full week
- Ages 3&4 (must be potty trained)
- All Pre-school camps are full
Ages 5 to 5th grade:
- Team Animal: July 5-7 (Cost: $80 members/$90 non-members)
- Party Animal: August 21-25
Ages 5 and Entering Kindergarten:
- Marvelous Mammals: June 12-16 (FULL) or July 31- August 4th
- Desert Dwellers: June 26-30 (FULL) or August 7-11 (FULL)
- Spikes and Spines: July 10-14 (FULL) or August 14-18
Entering 1st Grade:
- All Camps are Full
Entering 2nd or 3rd Grade:
- Marvelous Mammals: June 12-16 (FULL) or July 17-21
- Animal Myth Busters: June 19-23 or July 24-28
- Desert Dwellers: July 10-14 or August 7-11
Entering 4th or 5th Grade:
- Animal Myth Busters: June 19-23 or July 31- August 4
- Expedition Animal: July 24-28 (FULL) or August 14-18
Entering 6th or 7th Grade:
- Junior Zoo Keeper: June 26-30 (FULL)
- Expedition Animal: July 24-28 (FULL)
For more information on the classes, prices or age groups please contact the education department at (325) 676-6487 or visit the Abilene Zoo website.