The Sweetwater Rattlesnake Round-Up Is March 10th-12th [GALLERY]
The Sweetwater Jaycees are ready to welcome over 40,000 guests to their 58th annual Rattlesnake Round-Up is March 10th - 12th at the Nolan Country Coliseum.
In 1958, the Sweetwater Jaycees started this event as a way to control the overpopulation of rattlesnakes that were hurting people and endangering livestock.
Today the Rattlesnake Roundup features food booths, a Barbecue Cook-off, nightly dances, a carnival, a giant flea-market and a gun show.
- Worlds Largest Rattlesnake Round-Up
- Nolan County Coliseum at 1699 Cypress Sweetwater TX
Date and Time
- March 10th, 11th & 12th, 2017
- Gates open at 8am
- Friday dance starts 7pm featuring '3 Shades Blue'
- Saturday dance starts 7pm featuring 'Mike & the Moonpies' & 'Bleu Edmondson'
- Guided snake hunts begin at 10am daily
- Cook Off begins at 8am
- $10 Adults
- $5 Kids 12 & under
- $10 Friday dance
- $15 Saturday dance
- $25 All day carnival pass
- $20-$50 Carnival ride passes
- $5 Gun show
- Bus tours to snake habitations daily
- Rattlesnake eating contest Sunday
- No glass containers allowed at dances
- Contact Mary at the Sweetwater Chamber of Commerce 325-235-5488