What City in Texas is the Richest?
There is a town in Texas that is the epitome of the saying "big things come in small packages". That's because this city is only about 2.1 miles square miles, yet is the richest city in the Lone Star State.
Business Insider used data from the 2008-2012 American Community Survey to come up with the highest median household income in each state. And, as it has each year since 2010, the little town of Piney Point Village is the richest city in Texas.
Not only is this small city the richest in Texas, Piney Point Village, which sits on the west side of Houston, is the 4th richest city in America. Not bad for a town that is only 2.1 square miles and has a little over 1000 homes. In fact, according to the census in 2010, the city only has a little over 3,000 residents.
Check out the top 10 cities along with their median income.
- Hidden Hills, California - $250,000
- Chevy Chase, Maryland - $250,000
- Short Hills, New Jersey - $235,799
- Piney Point Village, Texas - $233,636
- Scarsdale, New York - $232,422
- Cherry Hills Village, Colorado - $231,774
- Kenilworth, Illinois - $229,792
- Coldstream, Ohio - $220,263
- Mission Hills, Kansas - $219,107
- Great Falls, Virginia - $217,552
Are you surprised with these rankings? Did you even know there was a town in Texas called Piney Point Village?
For the complete list of America's top 50 richest cites, check out Business Insiders' website.