Van Morrison Announces New Album, ‘Versatile’
It hasn't taken Van Morrison long to follow up his latest album. Just two months after the release of his latest LP, Morrison has announced his 38th record, Versatile, which is due Dec. 1.
Roll With the Punches, which revisited R&B songs that inspired Morrison over the years, was released in September. Versatile includes reinterpretations of 20th century jazz standards along with some new Morrison originals. The prolific songwriter said last year that he has has "so much unreleased stuff, it makes my head spin." He released Keep Me Singing in September 2016.
The new 16-song record includes songs made popular by Chet Baker, Frank Sinatra, the Righteous Brothers, Tony Bennett and Nat King Cole, alongside six new songs Morrison wrote for the album.
You can see the track listing, along with songwriter info, below.
Morrison has been on tour since September. The run will conclude in December, with shows wrapping up in his birthplace of Belfast.
Van Morrison, 'Versatile' Track Listing
1. "Broken Record" (Van Morrison)
2. "A Foggy Day" (George Gershwin and Ira Gershwin)
3. "Let's Get Lost" (Frank Loesser and Jimmy McHugh)
4. "Bye Bye Blackbird" (Ray Henderson and Mort Dixon)
5. "Skye Boat Song" (Traditional arranged by Van Morrison)
6. "Take It Easy Baby" (Van Morrison)
7. "Makin' Whoopee" (Walter Donaldson and Gus Kahn)
8. "I Get a Kick Out of You" (Cole Porter)
9. "I Forgot That Love Existed" (Van Morrison)
10. "Unchained Melody" (Alex North and Hy Zaret)
11. "Start All Over Again" (Van Morrison)
12. "Only A Dream" (Van Morrison)
13. "Affirmation" featuring Sir James Galway (Van Morrison)
14. "The Party's Over" (Betty Comden, Adolph Green and Jule Styne)
15. "I Left My Heart in San Francisco" (George Cory and Douglass Cross)
16. "They Can't Take That Away from Me" (George Gershwin and Ira Gershwin)