Here Are the Obvious Signs You Know You’re from the Abilene Area
One thing about those of us who live in the Abilene area is that we know how to make fun of and laugh at ourselves. That goes right down to how we view the very city we live in.
Now, just because I say that doesn't give outsiders permission to make fun of us. That's just downright wrong. Is that hypocritical? Of course, it is, but that alone is one of the things that defines Abilene. Lots of hypocrisy. But we're not here to talk about the negative side of Abilene, we're here to have fun with it.
So, I compiled a little list of reasons you know you're from Abilene. These could easily be on a bumper sticker, t-shirt, or even printed on the wrappers that Allsup's burritos come in.
LOOK: Reasons You Know You're From Abilene
I think most people in Abilene can agree with these signs. I mean, if you've lived in Abilene for more than 15 years and don't know who Terry Berry was, then you must have been living under a rock.
Here are some other signs that some of you submitted to us:
- When you are excited to drive out of your way to visit the new gas station in town.
- When you spit on the road and it floods.
- When you visit and drive down South 1st and remember how cool Crystal's Pizza was and still to this day wish you could have one more taste of Harold’s BBQ!
- When you wish you could go to Gardski’s Loft just one more time. (side note: Chelsea's on South 14th, makes some awesome huge cheese sticks that look and taste like those amazing cheese sticks at Gardskis)
- You say “I’m getting out of this town”… for like the past 15 years.
- If you know where the 4way , down the hill, impact and the hood is. And what the difference is in each area.
- If you still get hyped up for the cross town show down every year.
What are some other signs I might have missed?
Think about that, and in the meantime, check out some amazing views of Abilene through a resident's lens.
LOOK: Stunning Views of Abilene From Hotel Wooten