Iron Maiden Announce ‘Book of Souls: Live Chapter’ Album and Concert Film
Iron Maiden will release a live album, Book of Souls: Live Chapter, on Nov. 17.
As the name implies, the 15-track, double-CD or triple-vinyl set is drawn from performances all over the world from the band's 2016-2017 Book of Souls tour. The tour included 39 countries in six continents during its run and was seen by more than two million people.
The album's track listing comes close to matching the band's set list from the performances. In addition to six tracks from the band's most recent album, 2015's The Book of Souls, Book of Souls: Live Chapter features songs from throughout Iron Maiden's career, like "Powerslave" and "Number of the Beast."
You can see the full track listing below.
"We spent a huge amount of time working on this, as I wanted to get it as close to the Maiden live experience as I possibly could and to represent our fans from different parts of the world," Maiden bassist and the live album's co-producer Steve Harris said. "This meant listening to literally hours upon hours of tapes from every show, to select material and construct a sound that would run consistently across the whole album and capture the excitement of a new country like El Salvador alongside such regular favorites as Donington or Wacken.”
In a distinct twist, the album's accompanying concert film will apparently not be made available in physical DVD or Blu-ray form, but will instead be available to stream free online or as a digital download.
Iron Maiden 'Book of Souls: Live Chapter' Track Listing
1. "If Eternity Should Fail" – Sydney, Australia
2. "Speed of Light" - Cape Town, South Africa
3. "Wrathchild" – Dublin, Ireland
4. "Children of the Damned" – Montreal, Canada
5. "Death or Glory" – Wroclaw, Poland
6. "The Red and the Black" – Tokyo, Japan
7. "The Trooper" - San Salvador, El Salvador
8. "Powerslave" – Trieste, Italy
9. "The Great Unknown" – Newcastle, UK
10. "The Book of Souls" – Donington, UK
11. "Fear of the Dark" – Fortaleza, Brazil
12. "Iron Maiden" - Buenos Aires, Argentina
13. "Number of the Beast" – Wacken, Germany
14. "Blood Brothers" – Donington, UK
15. "Wasted Years" - Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Watch Iron Maiden Perform 'Speed of Light' Fom 'Book of Souls: Live Chapter'
Iron Maiden Albums Ranked Worst to Best