Is It Illegal To Get Married On A Dare? 5 Marriage Laws You Might Be Breaking Right Now!
As if marriage is not complicated enough, were you aware that there are some pretty silly laws when it comes to being married that you may be breaking right now? What is this the 1950s? According to Reader's Digest, yes the magazine your mother and grandmother used to read, there are laws in some cities where it is illegal to sleep naked next to your spouse. Insanity!
MARRIAGE LAWS YOU MIGHT BE BREAKING RIGHT NOW:
1. I dare you to marry me! Don't do it! It won't be so easy to take it back. You must request an annulment and the process will not be an easy one.
2. You'll be happy to hear this is not law in Texas but in Salem Massachusetts, it's illegal for a married couple to sleep naked in a rented room. What does that even mean? lol
3. Don't move to Kansas! In Wichita, KS if you are mean to your suegra, (mother-in-law) those are ground for divorce! Be kind to the MIL.
4. In 2 different states, Mississippi and Tennessee, if the county clerk thinks you might be drunk, he or she can deny you a marriage license. Don't drink and marry.
5. In Utah, NOT Texas, don't get any ideas, First cousins are allowed to marry in only if they are over 65 years old. Ewww is all I can say about that!
Check out some other crazy marriage laws in this Reader's Digest article.