These 10 Questions Could Tell If You’re A True Native Texan, Take The Quiz
Texans are like no other folks I've ever seen and I wouldn't have it any other way. Maybe it's because I'm a native Texan myself. Maybe it's because I feel right at home doing things the Texas way. In any case, it takes a trained eye to spot a true Texan. It's hard to explain. There are just things that Texans know.
Texas Highways got me thinking. What are some questions that only true, native Texans would know? In their article, you'll find out quite a bit of Texas trivia. I wanted to ask the questions that I think any true Texan will know. Make sure to scroll even further for the answers and see how you did.
LOOK: THESE 10 QUESTIONS COULD TELL IF YOU'RE A TRUE NATIVE TEXAN
1. Who were the two main characters from the movie Urban Cowboy?
2. What professional baseball-playing Texan wore jersey number 34?
3. What city is home to the largest urban bat colony in North America?
4. What orange and white restaurant serves up Texas' favorite cheeseburger?
5. This "wild and crazy guy" was born in Texas?
6. What is the nickname for Texas?
7. Who said, "what's a Texas county mounty doin' in Arkansas"?
8. Where was the birthplace of Dr. Pepper?
9. What city is known as the "live music capital of the world"?
10. Where in Texas can you get in on a free 72oz. steak, if eaten in 1 hour?
1. Bud and Sissy
2. Nolan Ryan
5. Steve Martin
6. The Lone Star State
7. The Bandit
10. The Big Texan Steak Ranch
So, how did you do? If you answered most of them correctly, you just may be a true native Texan. Or, at least one at heart. Need more of a challenge? Grab a pencil, and paper and take a look at this full-blown extensive test.
Indeed, we're a people all our own. We enjoy great food, good music, and wide open spaces. The list doesn't stop there. For even more Texas happiness, just look below.