‘Rogue One: A Star Wars Story’ Has a Blu-ray Release Date and a Ton of Special Features
With production on the Han Solo spinoff finally kicking off, it’s time for the latest Star Wars movie to hit shelves. If you’ve been waiting on pins and needles to get your copy of Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, rejoice, because we finally have a date for all you movie lovers to look forward to. Rogue One will arrive on Digital HD and Disney movies Anywhere on March 24, and on Blu-ray, DVD, and On Demand April 4. If you liked the movie enough to buy it, shelling out for the Blu-ray might be worth it because there is a ton of extra stuff on there besides the movie.
A lot of the movie was spent introducing us to our main characters, and the Blu-ray will have even more information about all of your favorites, including Jyn Erso, Cassian Andor, and temple guardians Baze and Chirrut. It’ll also have an overview of how the plan for the movie came to be, plus an Easter egg reel of all the references to the original Star Wars movies they managed to fit in.
Here’s all the cool stuff you can expect to see on your disc:
- A Rogue Idea – Hear how ILM’s John Knoll came up with the movie’s concept – and why it’s the right film to launch the Star Wars stand-alone films.
- Jyn: The Rebel – Get to know Rogue One’s defiant, resourceful survivor, and hear what it was like for Felicity Jones to bring her to life onscreen.
- Cassian: The Spy – Diego Luna shares insights into his complex, driven character, who becomes a hero through selflessness, perseverance and passion.
- K-2SO: The Droid – Explore the development of this reprogrammed Imperial droid, from initial pitch and character design through Alan Tudyk’s performance.
- Baze & Chirrut: Guardians of the Whills – Go deeper into the relationship between these two very different characters, with Chinese superstars Jiang Wen and Donnie Yen.
- Bodhi & Saw: The Pilot & The Revolutionary – Forest Whitaker and Riz Ahmed reflect on Saw Gerrera, the broken Rebel leader, and Bodhi Rook, the Imperial pilot who defects.
- The Empire – Meet a dangerous new Imperial adversary…and cross paths once more with the most iconic villain of all time.
- Visions of Hope: The Look of “Rogue One” – The filmmakers describe the challenges and thrills of developing a bold new look for the movie that can fit within the world of the original trilogy.
- The Princess & The Governor – See what it took to bring the vibrant young princess of “Star Wars: A New Hope” – as well as one of her most memorable foes– – back to the screen.
- Epilogue: The Story Continues – Filmmakers and cast celebrate Rogue One’s premiere and look forward into the future, to the Star Wars stories yet to be told.
- Rogue Connections – Uncover Easter eggs and film facts hidden throughout the movie that connect “Rogue One” to the Star Wars universe.