The Fort Griffin State Historic Site Guided Tours in Albany are Back Aug 30th
The Fort Griffin State Historic Site are back starting Aug. 30th. Guided tours will consist of stories and history of the wild west Texas frontier, while experiencing what it was like being in the military in the 1870’s. In the evening, campfire tales, stories of cattle drives and other frontier adventures. The tours end with a night of star gazing with local astronomers and their telescopes. Here's how to get tickets.
Fort Griffin State Historic Site Guided Tours
Fort Griffin State Historic Site 1701 N. U.S. Hwy. 283 Albany, Texas
Date and Times
- Aug. 30th, 2014
- 10:00 AM Guided Fort Tour 8/30/2014
- 8:00 PM Campfire Tales: Tales From the Trail
- 8:30 PM Stars & Skies of Texas
- $4 per day/person Adults (ages 19 and older)
- $3 per day/person Students (ages 6-18)
- Free Children (ages 5 and under)
- $1 per student School Groups (reservations required)
Daily admission to the site covers all of the programs for the day. For camping reservations call (325)-762-3592. Visit the Fort Griffin website for more on this State Historic Site.