Enjoy Great Food, Live Music and More at the Merkel VFD Cook-Off
The Merkel Volunteer Fire Department is hosting their inaugural 'Fall Festival and Cook-Off', to help raise funds for the fire department. What makes this competition special is the 'Mystery Meat Cook-Off' where competitors find out what they'll be cooking the day of the event.
Festival organizers will provide the mystery meat for all cook teams. Cooks will also be able to compete in ribs, steaks, chicken, fajitas and jackpot beans.
The festival will also feature a live concert with 'Wildfire', bounce houses, raffles, a silent auction, a costume contest and more.
- Merkel VFD Fall festival & Cook-Off
- Jackson Trade Days Flea Market
- 9542 I-20 West, Merkel, Texas
Date and Times
- Saturday, October 15th, 2016
- 8:30 AM mandatory cook-off meeting & check in
- 3 PM gates open
- 8 PM costume contest
- 9 PM Wildfire live on stage
- $60 complete cook-off entry
- $10 per meat event (fajitas, chicken, steak, ribs, beans & mystery meat)
- $10 entry fee spectators
- $10 cooler charge
- free 12 and under
- RV hook-up available $20 charge (electric & water)
- Primitive RV $10 (no water or electric)
- RV hook-ups are limited to a first come first serve
- Gun raffle Kimber .45 or Benelli Shotgun 1 for $10 or 5 for $40
- Contact Steve Cochran 325-267-0713